The doors to our first space opened 5 years ago. We have since grown to 12 spaces across 3 Canadian cities with no stop to expansion in sight. With that, we’re looking for a few new rockstar Community Managers to join our team.
Before we describe what the role entails, here are a few quick points about us:
“To have everybody excited to go to work everyday”
- Be a good member of the community
- Never cease to learn
- Strive for excellence
- Love what you do and where you do it
A New Work Environment
Our spaces are designed to foster innovation, collaboration, and productivity… And our community is curated to reflect that. We offer a happy medium between the traditional corporate office and the creative startup environment, allowing us to accommodate and impress on all levels.
A Strong and Engaging Culture
We never stop learning, we never stop growing.
This is more than a coworking space; we’re a community of talented individuals that enjoy each other’s company, which makes the rise and grind of a work day that much more exciting.
We Hire Characters, not Positions
We’re a fun bunch. You’ll soon see that our hiring process allows us to learn more about what makes you, YOU. We’re a unique brand with unique members and staff alike, offering an environment where everybody can be the best version of themselves. Let your personality shine by sharing your special skills, fun facts, favourite movies, least favourite pokemon… You get the gist.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Our community Managers are the front line and represent the brand to its fullest. The role is truly diverse and we look to make adaptations that best suit your unique skill set… Some duties include:
- Provide a concierge-like experience for all members
- Learning and researching what members do to make professional and social connections across the greater Workhaus community
- Liaising between our internal and external community through emails, phone calls, and personal introductions
- Promotion of the Workhaus mission and values across the community
- Troubleshooting and solving member inquiries
- Attending weekly meetings and hosting networking events for our members and community
- Inventory management
- Maintaining all common areas including boardrooms, kitchen and lounge spaces
- General administrative duties
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
What qualifies you? First and foremost, you’re a people person. The details matter to you; even the small ones. You care about helping people. On top of that, we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary college diploma, Business Administration, or a relevant field is preferred, but not required
- Minimum 3 years experience in customer service
- Effective communication skills; verbal and written
- Effective time management and punctuality
- Team player mentality with the initiative to lead projects
- Well kept and professional character
- Enhanced sense of independence
- Authentic personality with strong interpersonal skills
- Anticipates needs and executes effective solutions
- Knowledge of project management systems, including Asana, Slack, G- Suite is a bonus
- Knowledge of media/design tools (Adobe creative suite, Canva, etc.) and WordPress is a bonus
HOW TO APPLY
No exceptions – in order to apply please provide the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
1) Write a COVER LETTER addressing the following questions:
- Why do you think you’re a Community Manager in the making? Give SPECIFIC and quantifiable examples of past achievements and/or accolades.
- Tell us the toughest challenge you ever had to overcome in your life? Then tell us how you did it.
- What are the last three books you’ve read? You don’t read? Explain why not.
- What do you do for fun?
- Explain what you’re doing now for a job. If you don’t have one, explain why. If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
2) Send a CURRENT RESUME. Give details. Include dates, titles, duties and responsibilities and your contact information.
That’s it! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates that are qualified will be contacted to move forward in the interview process.